Contains the elementary mathematical functions (powers, roots,
and trigonometric functions), and low-level floating-point operations.
Mathematical special functions are available in
The functionality closely follows the IEEE754-2008 standard for floating-point arithmetic, including the use of camelCase names rather than C99-style lower case names. All of these functions behave correctly when presented with an infinity or NaN.
The following IEEE 'real' formats are currently supported:
- 64 bit Big-endian 'double' (eg PowerPC)
- 128 bit Big-endian 'quadruple' (eg SPARC)
- 64 bit Little-endian 'double' (eg x86-SSE2)
- 80 bit Little-endian, with implied bit 'real80' (eg x87, Itanium)
- 128 bit Little-endian 'quadruple' (not implemented on any known processor!)
- Non-IEEE 128 bit Big-endian 'doubledouble' (eg PowerPC) has partial support
Walter Bright, Don Clugston, Conversion of CEPHES math library to D by Iain Buclaw and David Nadlinger