Contribute to the D Language Foundation
The D Language Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit public charity devoted to advancing open source technology related to the D programming language.The D Language Foundation:
- holds and defends the copyright and other intellectual property rights for the D programming language.
- provides resources for furthering the development and adoption of the D programming language.
- awards scholarships to highly skilled students.
- organizes the yearly DConf, the international annual conference of D Language developers and users.
- pays for hardware costs (e.g. this website, dmd downloads, the D tour and more)
- is an accepted Google Summer of Code organization and hosted four projects during the summer of 2016.
How can I donate?We welcome contributions from both organizations and individuals. Your help is highly appreciated.
Donate through Flipcause
Donate through OpenCollective
Donate through PayPal
Donate by credit card
Electronic wire transfers or bank check
If I donate financially, where do my donations go?
The D Languages Foundation awards scholarships to highly skilled students. Each $5 you donate contributes to approximately one hour of work by a talented graduate student, and these hours add quickly toward important projects that further the state of the art in the D programming language.
If you have a specific target or project that you wish to directly support, please contact the D Language Foundation.
By the Foundation bylaws, its officers (Walter Bright, Andrei Alexandrescu and Ali Çehreli) cannot get income from the Foundation, which preempts a variety of conflicts of interest.
The D Language Foundation is a non-profit organization
For US taxpayers, contributions to the D Language Foundation are tax-deductible. The D Language Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit public charity registered in the state of Washington, USA. You should consult your tax adviser for rules as they apply to your situation.
Donations to the D Language Foundation are currently not tax-deductible in most other countries as they require an organisation to be incorporated in that country and the D Language Foundation does currently not have the resources to do so.
If you have a question about donations, please write to the D Language Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.