- Operating system.
Note This is for cases where you need a value representing the OS at runtime. If you're doing something which should compile differently on different OSes, then please use version (Windows), version (linux), etc.See Also:
- Microsoft 32 bit Windows systems
- Microsoft 64 bit Windows systems
- All Linux Systems, except for Android
- Mac OS X
- Other Posix Systems
- immutable OS
- The OS that the program was compiled for.
- Byte order endianness.
Note This is intended for cases where you need to deal with endianness at runtime. If you're doing something which should compile differently depending on whether you're compiling on a big endian or little endian machine, then please use version (BigEndian) and version (LittleEndian).See Also:
- Big endian byte order
- Little endian byte order
- immutable Endian
- The endianness that the program was compiled for.