Ali Çehreli uses D professionally at Weka.io, is the author of Programming in D, and is frequently found in the D Learn forum with ready answers to questions on using the language. He also is an officer of the D Language Foundation.
2016 was filled with many great things happening for the D community:
- The D Language Foundation became a tax-exempt non-profit organization
- DConf 2016 was a great success
- Our academic collaboration program started to make a big impact
- We released 3 DMD versions and 6 point releases; LDC reached a point on-par with DMD’s frontend version, and GDC is following close behind
- The official D blog produced 28 articles in just 7 months since its inception
- Many local D language meetups were organized
- Countless hours were poured into countless open source D projects
All of that was achieved by you through your direct contributions or the donations that you’ve made.
We look forward to another great year filled with many cool things happening in the D world. We can’t wait to see your work on D in 2017, some of which we hope to hear about at DConf 2017. 😀