Report a bug If you spot a problem with this page, click here to create a Bugzilla issue. Improve this page Quickly fork, edit online, and submit a pull request for this page. Requires a signed-in GitHub account. This works well for small changes. If you'd like to make larger changes you may want to consider using local clone.
Warning: This module is considered out-dated and not up to Phobos' current standards. It will remain until we have a suitable replacement, but be aware that it will not remain long term.
SocketStream is a stream for a blocking, connected Socket.
Example: See /dmd/samples/d/htmlget.d
Christopher E. Miller
- class SocketStream: std.stream.Stream;
- this(Socket sock, FileMode mode);
- Constructs a SocketStream with the specified Socket and FileMode flags.
- this(Socket sock);
- Uses mode FileMode.In | FileMode.Out.
- Socket socket();
- Property to get the Socket that is being streamed.
- size_t readBlock(void* _buffer, size_t size);
- Attempts to read the entire block, waiting if necessary.
- size_t writeBlock(const void* _buffer, size_t size);
- Attempts to write the entire block, waiting if necessary.
- ulong seek(long offset, SeekPos whence);
- Socket streams do not support seeking. This disabled method throws a SeekException.
- string toString();
- Does not return the entire stream because that would require the remote connection to be closed.
- void close();
- Close the Socket.