Report a bug
If you spot a problem with this page, click here to create a Bugzilla issue.
Improve this page
Quickly fork, edit online, and submit a pull request for this page. Requires a signed-in GitHub account. This works well for small changes. If you'd like to make larger changes you may want to consider using a local clone.
Compiler implementation of the D programming language. Entry point for DMD.
This modules defines the entry point (main) for DMD, as well as related utilities needed for arguments parsing, path manipulation, etc... This file is not shared with other compilers which use the DMD front-end.
- DMD-generated module __entrypoint where the C main resides
- Module in which the D main is
- Generate C main() in response to seeing D main().This function will generate a module called __entrypoint, and set the globals entrypoint and rootHasMain. This used to be in druntime, but contained a reference to Dmain which didn't work when druntime was made into a dll and was linked to a program, such as a C++ program, that didn't have a Dmain.Parameters:
Scope which triggered the generation of the C main, used to get the module where the D main is.
- Entry point which forwards to tryMain.Returns:Return code of the application
- Helper function used by the glue layerReturns:A new array of Dsymbol
- Helper function used by the glue layerReturns:A new array of VarDeclaration
- Helper function used by the glue layerReturns:A new array of Expression