The DLang UPB Languages and Systems Research Scholarship
The D Language Foundation is pleased to extend the Languages and Systems Research Scholarships to EE and CS students at University "Politehnica" Bucharest (UPB).
This scholarship was established to recognize outstanding full-time students enrolled in postgraduate research in the Departments of Electrical Engineering ("Electronica si Telecomunicatii") and Computer Science ("Automatica si Calculatoare") at UPB. The award fosters graduate-level (MSc and PhD) research in the fields of Programming Languages and Systems, with an emphasis on subdomains and topics most relevant to the mission of the Foundation. These include but are not limited to:
- Systems programming languages semantics and implementation
- Engines for code transformation and refactoring
- Plugins for code editors
- Memory safety
- Static and dynamic program analysis
- Networking and security
- Core runtime, memory allocation, garbage collection
- Libraries and frameworks
- Static/dynamic linking and loading
- Generic and Generative Programming
The scholarship award may be for an amount up to 900 RON per week decided on a semester basis. Semester dates are defined by the UPB academic calendar. We may approve partial scholarships that start during a semester; however, a scholarship period always ends with the semester. The funds are intended to cover room, board, books and other educational supplies, equipment, and other research costs of students. Approved applicants agree to not pursue paid employment for the duration of the scholarship.
- Completed, signed, and dated application form (online and scan/hardcopy).
- Proof of enrollment in the MSc or PhD program at UPB EE ("Electronica si Telecomunicatii") or CS ("Automatica si Calculatoare").
- Transcript with classes attended and their respective grades.
- Submission of an original essay (800-1200 words) describing how this award will assist you in reaching your educational and research objectives.
- Letter of recommendation from your program director evaluating your research potential.
- Public link to the completed BSc dissertation.
- Pass one or more interviews (in person, by phone, or via Skype) with Foundation representatives. The interviews assess technical competence, research vision, and command of the English language of applicants.
The D Language Foundation may offer to renew a scholarship for existing/former recipients without the need to complete a new application. The Foundation also reserves the rights to terminate a scholarship before the end of semester if it assesses that the funds are misused, progress in research is inadequate, or recipient behaves in a manner unbecoming of an outstanding student and young researcher.
We wish our applicants good luck and are looking forward to hearing from you. Feel free to direct any related questions to email@example.com.